Amec Foster Wheeler is seeking an experienced Construction Materials Branch Manager to lead our Albuquerque, NM Construction Materials Engineering, Testing and Inspection Services Operation. Our Albuquerque operation offers standard CMT field and laboratory service in conjunction with the following unique services not commonly offered by other firms:
- Weld inspection and testing
- Concrete and Masonry special inspection services
- Specialty Asphalt, Soils and Rock testing services
- NDE inspection and testing services
- Construction Inspection and Administration services
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Albuquerque laboratory and field services office is housed in a 12,000 square foot facility. Our diverse clientele ranges from municipal, state and federal government to industrial commercial clients. This branch of our consulting services in New Mexico has a current staff of approximately 35. Amec Foster Wheeler had approximately 85 people in New Mexico in eight offices throughout the state with Albuquerque being our primary NM location.
Successfully manage the performance of the materials operation. Oversee the development and monitoring of financial plans, provide strategic direction for the business, coordinate local human resource and health and safety functions with corporate personnel and provide leadership in business development efforts (also ensuring senior personnel continue to grow / diversify client base). Position will include execution of project-related work, as well as business management responsibilities. Project-related responsibilities will include project management, senior review and quality assurance of work products developed by the technical staff. It will be essential to interact routinely and openly with other Amec Foster Wheeler Managers across the state and the western US as well as National Sector Leads.
- Confer with management, production and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Recruit employees and see that they are assigned, directed, and evaluated effectively in their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Review budgets, bids and contracts.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed by staff.
- Assure and maintain the national accreditations of the laboratory
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules and policies, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and fee estimate proposals.
- Present and explain proposals, reports and findings to clients.
- Set scientific and technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management.